Monday, September 28, 2009

Departmental

Today, I went to the 12:30 departmental recital. Sadly, I was not able to receive a program because the usher gave them all away by the time I got there. Even arriving early there was not enough. I hoped that the program would be posted online but it is not. Despite this, I took some notes and apologize for the lack of fine detail. The performers included a female vocalist, female string bassist, two female violin player, and a bassoon duet. Just before the recital started I was able to jot down the first performer Joey Neale who was to perform on Clarinet Three Pieces by Stravinsky. Unfortunately, for some reason he did not perform, resulting in the recital starting with a vocalist. The female vocalist performed one piece with piano accompaniment. She was followed by two separate violin performance by female students. The first played unaccompanied and the second played with accompaniment. The final two performance were a female string bassist and a bassoon duet. I knew Ashley, the feminine half of the coed bassoon players. I know Ashely from playing in the Wind Symphony. With the conclusion of the performance, I went to pick up a program because the usher informed me to visit him after the performance to get one but he did receive anymore like he said he would during the recital. In all, I enjoyed listening to my fellow classmates despite not having a program. They all did a fine job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.